Saturday, November 12, 2016

Mt Shasta



          Is that not about the most beautiful scene you’ve ever seen in your whole, entire life?  I’m about 30 miles from the California/Oregon state line on I-5 tonight and this is the view from my office/efficiency apartment.  This picture would make an awesome jigsaw puzzle!

          It’s been almost 20 years since I’ve been up this way.  Freymiller’s freight lanes are changing, growing.  If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would be heading up to Portland out of Los Angeles I would have laughed you right out of the truck.  I expected to load going back east yesterday, but instead I’m going north.  How cool is that?

          Another cool aspect about this load… I get to see a woman I trained back in 2013 who has since gotten a local driving job so she could be closer to her family.  I’m looking forward to that visit.  I haven’t seen her in about 2.5 years.


          Little piece of useless trivia for you… it’s almost as far North to South in California as it is East to West in Texas.  797 miles up I-5, 879 miles across I-10.  There, you learned something today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment