Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I Hate Cold Weather!

          I hate cold weather.  I really hate cold weather.  I really, really hate cold weather!  Okay, maybe it’s not cold weather that I hate because I do enjoy snow.  What I really hate is being cold.

          I have a chronic condition called Costochondritis. Costowho? You ask?  Costo (for short) is inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs.  It’s extremely painful when it flares up and there is nothing the doctors can do about it.  I have found a good liquid vitamin that helps keep it under control.  It flares up when I tense up.  I tense up when I’m stressed, cold or under exertion like heavy lifting.

          When it’s cold I look like the younger brother in The Christmas Story who can’t move because of all the layers.  My top half looks twice the size of my bottom half, all in an effort to keep from flaring up. 


          In all seriousness, though… are you ready for the cold weather?  Ready or not, it’s here.  Please take some time to make sure you have what you need in case you get stranded somewhere.  As long as my APU runs I could survive in this truck for almost a week if it was necessary.  I know our storage is limited, but this really is important.  I’m not going to bore you with a list, you know what you need.  I’m just asking you to take the time to make sure you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment