Thursday, April 6, 2017

RIP, Nacho



          On February 26th, I lost one of my favorite people on the planet, Bobby Lopez.  I met Bobby in 2013 when he was driving for Freymiller.  We lost him just over a month ago, when he died from complications after surgery in Seattle, WA.

          There has been a combination of laughter and tears as the people he left behind have shared stories of him and grieved together with the knowledge that we have to go on without him.

          Bobby never met a stranger.  His daughter and I laughed together when she told me she used to tease him about “his new best friend that he just met in line at Wal-mart.” 

He had such an amazing heart, levels of compassion that knew no boundaries.  If you had a need, he would turn himself inside out to meet it for you.  He wasn’t afraid to tell you he loved you.  Many times, Bobby gave me hope for humanity, showing me that there are still good people out here and not everyone is just out for what they can get from you.

I believe I will see Bobby on the other side.  An hour before he went into surgery he and I had a great conversation that I am very thankful for.  We talked about God, family, and faith among other things.  He reminded me that I still owed him a steak because the Raiders beat the Panthers.  I would give way more than the $50 limit we set to be able to buy him that steak today.


I miss my friend.  My world is definitely a little darker these days without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment