Monday, June 27, 2016

Thelma and Louise


                One of my favorite things about not working in a cubicle is the fun stuff I get to do out on the road.  A couple of years ago, after a trip to Maine I asked my sister-in-law what she would do if I sent her a live lobster.  She said she would give it to my brother (her husband.)  I asked him what he would do with it and he told me he would hypnotize it.  I wasn’t even sure what that meant.  
                For months I’ve been saying I needed to get a load to Maine so I could send a lobster to them.  This past weekend it finally happened.  As soon as we got empty, I directed my trainee to drive to the Turnpike Service Area where they sell live lobsters you can buy and have shipped all over the country.
                Thelma and Louise will arrive in Indiana on the 28th.  No, I’m not so cheap that I would expect my brother and sister-in-law to split a lobster tail; I sent two.  I had to call my brother to find out when would be a good time for him to receive them because you have to cook them the day you get them.  I learned that they take the lobsters out of water and overnight ship them in dry ice, so when they arrive, they’re barely still alive.  Poor lobsters.  I felt kind of bad, but I’d already paid so they were going whether I liked the methods or not.

                I did ask my brother “how do you plan to hypnotize these lobsters?”  His answer?  “I’m going to stand them on their heads… in a pot of boiling water.”  He’s a great cook, I’m almost sad I’m going to miss this meal.

1 comment: