Sunday, August 21, 2016

It's Already Only Been A Year?

                Last weekend was my 1-year anniversary since I came back to Freymiller.  When I thought about that in the days beforehand, I had mixed emotions.  From a work standpoint, it feels like “wow, it’s been a year already?”  When I think about the changes in my personal life over the past year then it feels like “holy guacamole, it’s only been a year?”

                The Greatful Dead song comes to mind… “What a long, strange trip it’s been.”

                I had some apprehension about coming back.  While I knew that I had a good reputation as a driver here, I was worried that I would be judged on the fact that I’d left newly married and came back a year later with that marriage ending.  Thankfully that wasn’t the experience.  Everyone was very supportive.  I told several people that “everyone seemed genuinely happy to see me and if anyone wasn’t, they hid it really well.”

                I’ve taken enough trips around the sun to know that life is constantly changing.  I’m no longer where I was 5 years ago, personally or professionally, and while I can’t give you specifics, I know that in 5 years my life will look very different from today.  Isn’t that the whole point? One of my favorite mentors once said “Do you know why the desks in the 5th grade are so small?  Because you’re not supposed to still be sitting in them when you’re 22!”


                No matter where I’ve been and no matter where I’m going, I can say for certain that I’m very thankful to be sitting here in this truck right now.

4 comments:

  1. Well I know if it wasn't for you, I would not have started behind the wheel. You may not have been my trainer, but I have learned a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very simple. Life is like a box of chocolates. I can tell you I'm proud of where you are from where you've been and the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete