Friday, May 5, 2017

Happy Birthday, Blog!

          This Sunday, May 7th marks one year since we launched the blog.  My, how time flies.  It took me almost six months from the time the idea formed in my head until I worked up the courage to propose the idea to David Freymiller.  A year ago I had two concerns: what would I write about?  Would anyone even read it?  The fear that Freymiller would decide it was a waste of time and money after the ninety-day test run kept me up at night for a long time. 

          I can honestly say I have only sat in front of a blank Word document once hoping it would tell me what to write and that was when I was going through some very stressful personal stuff.  You almost got a blog post about relationship woes that week.  I usually know days - sometimes weeks - in advance what bizarre thoughts and experiences I will be sharing with you.

          I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog as much as I have enjoyed writing it.  When I look back over the past year, I’m not sure I have accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish, but I know I have accomplished some things that were a nice surprise.  I believe this experience has made me a better writer.

          I don’t pretend to know what the future holds.  At some point, the time may come to close this chapter in my life. Ten years of recovery from Codependency have taught me to live on the “one day at a time” plan.  So, for today… we have a blog.  I’m thankful for it, I’m thankful for the opportunity and I’m outrageously thankful for you, the reader.


          Peace out, my peeps!

2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed your topics you have written about over this short last year. I like your honesty about the topics. Did find out that when i view your blog in email reply's do not go into comment section

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nice words! I haven't been able to figure out where the comments go when someone comments from the email.

    ReplyDelete