Saturday, June 10, 2017

Just a Girl in a Truck


          I took this picture the other night at the Love’s in Salina, UT.  Yes, my foot is on the steering wheel and no, I did not need a crane to get it back down. 

          When I bought this nail color last summer, I laughed like a hyena when I realized it was the same color as my truck.  Apparently, I’m more single-minded than I knew.

          There are times when being a woman in a truck is a real challenge for me.  I like to girl up sometimes.  I’ve always been a tomboy, but there are also times when I’m a real “girly-girl.”  You won’t catch me wearing a dress in a truck, but I do care about my appearance.  I find it interesting that it’s never been the guys working at the truck stops being rude when I take a long time in the shower, but the women.  I don’t think they think about how much time personal care can take because they go home to their own bathroom every night.

          There are also times when being a woman is an advantage.  Some dock workers will put my load locks up for me, but they don’t usually do that for guys.  I’ve been allowed to use restrooms at customers to find out later that the same forklift driver told a guy that they didn’t have restrooms for drivers.  It’s crazy, but I think the pros outweigh the cons overall.


          Really, I’m just a girl in a truck… out here doing a job, just like everyone else.  Do I look better doing it?  Maybe to some.  Do I do the job better than others?  Probably, but I’m sure there are many that do it better than I do.  I’m just out here doing what I love, to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment