Sunday, July 16, 2017

Technology Hell

     I am in technology hell this week.  I tried to turn on my laptop last night to write this week’s blog post and nada. I got an error message about Windows failing to load and blah blah blah damaged files with an option to try to repair the damaged files. Three hours later… still nada.

     I spoke with Scot in our IT department this morning but didn’t get the easy fix I was hoping for. I’m going to have to run the rescue disk. The problem with that is I have moved three times, gotten married and divorced since I bought this laptop. Your guess is as good as mine as to where that disk might be. I will be contacting the computer repair store that fixed my laptop last year when I get back to OKC.  In the meantime, I get to write and upload the blog posts on my phone.

     I could do it on my tablet… you know, the tablet I bought specifically for the blog and never got comfortable using.  Yes, that tablet.  The one that I can’t access Google Play Store with when I’m connected to my wifi hotspot, but can when I’m connected to any other Wi-Fi.

     Sometimes, it’s really interesting to be me. On a positive note, I think I like this MS Word app I downloaded on my phone today!  It’s a lot easier to use than I expected it to be.

     Well, it was easier until I tried to copy this post so I could paste it into Blogger. OY!

No comments:

Post a Comment