Sunday, October 15, 2017

I Hate Cell Phone Chargers

          When I bought my new phone in August, I had to buy new charging cords because my new phone is a “USB-C.”  I guess whoever decides what charging port will go into a phone decided that since most Android users probably have at least 10 Micro-USB cords it was time to change.

          I bought a new charger (plug) because it had a second USB port.  It died before I went on vacation a month later.
                  
          Remember the good old days when cell phone chargers lasted longer than air fresheners?  Me, too.  Oh, how I miss the days when the cords were hard-wired into the plugs.  Just the phrase “USB port” is enough to trigger a bout of Tourette’s in me.

          I heard a quote several years ago. “Build ‘em cheap, sell ‘em cheap, sell ‘em often.”  I tried searching but couldn’t find out who said it, but I’m convinced that is the marketing strategy of the companies that produce cell phone chargers.

          With the bouncing of the truck, I can’t seem to get one that lasts more than three or four months before the USB cord can’t make a solid connection.  I feel like captive consumer.  Living without a cell phone charger isn’t a viable option, but I feel like all there is available to buy is crap.


          Am I the only one who feels this way?

1 comment:

  1. Nope, you're not. I'm not OTR any more but I have the same problem. I'd spend 30 bucks on one if I could find one to make it a year.

    ReplyDelete