Saturday, October 7, 2017

My Heavy Heart

One of my unstated goals for this blog was for it to be different from most of whatever else you expose yourself to online.  I wanted it to be lighthearted, even when I’m covering serious subjects.  I wanted it to be someplace you can get away from all the crap that goes on in the world… even for just a few minutes.

I’ve purposely not weighed in on world events because of this.  I figure the last thing you want is one more idiot, standing on a soap box, blabbering on about politics, religion, the NFL, and e-log mandates (among other things) so I opted not to do that.

I was in Winslow, AZ on an 8-hour break when Stephen Paddock changed the world forever by opening fire on the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas at 10:05 local time Sunday night.

I don’t watch or listen to much news.  I turned the news off years ago because I was becoming addicted to it.  I decided that if something truly important happened I would hear about it, but I couldn’t function with a steady stream of negativity so I just shut it off.

After seeing more than a dozen posts on Facebook… ”Pray for Vegas,” I finally asked someone what was going on in Vegas.

I have nothing to add to the conversation that you haven’t already heard.  I’m sitting here thinking the same thing I thought after Jonesboro, Columbine, 9/11, Ft. Hood, Orlando, San Bernardino, etc, etc.


I just don’t understand.  I pray you have peace today.  I pray you see something that gives you hope for humanity today.  I pray you find and take advantage of an opportunity to make the world a better place today.

No comments:

Post a Comment