Monday, July 18, 2016

My Freymiller Family

      Something really cool happened on July 14th that I want to share with you.

      Without going into all of the uglies, I recently went through a divorce and am starting over at square one again.  It’s okay, Square One is a place I’m familiar with.  I have a pickup truck that I’m going to have to sink about $10,000 into before I can drive again.  I started saving money as soon as the divorce was final, but I was starting to get discouraged because it wasn’t happening fast enough for me.  Last week I decided that I needed to buy something cheap so I can at least get around while I’m working on my pickup.  I started looking online and got to OKC on the 14th with a few cars that I wanted to go look at.

      While it never surprises me, I’m still always very humbled and honored when I express a need or concern and the amount of people who step up to help.  Ronnie (in the trailer shop) gave me the name of his insurance agent and also some other places to look for a car if none of the ones I looked at today panned out.  Chaplin Olen sent me a few websites and also drove me around to look at the cars.  When we were on our way to see the first one, I told him “if this car gives you the heebie-jeebies, don’t let me buy it.”  He offered his opinions and explained why he felt the way he did.  We left the first car behind and as much as I wanted a set of wheels today, I was comfortable with the decision.  I couldn’t get in touch with the owner of the second car (although she did contact me back later) and I did get in touch with the third, but we couldn’t get our schedules to mesh.  When the second one called me back, I texted the Chaplain and asked him if he could take me to see it at 3:00 and he said yes.  We got back to the yard about 5:00 with my “new to me” car.

        I had confessed to the Chaplain earlier in the day that because of some personal turmoil I have been going through for the past week, I hadn’t written my blog entry for the week and I was still at a loss as what to even write about.  When I went back to the Chapel trailer to thank him again for helping me so much we were talking about how generous and compassionate the people at Freymiller are.  That was when it dawned on me what I should write about this week.


        Two weeks ago, my trainee told me that all trucking company recruiters will tell you there is a “family atmosphere” at the company they work for, but at Freymiller, she was glad to see that family atmosphere really does exist.  It really does.  I joke that being at the Freymiller yard is like being at a family reunion for me because I can’t turn around without smacking into a David, Tom, Mike or Dennis, but it really does feel like family here.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Freymiller is truly a family company. It is like home to me and look forward to each day. I also realize and greatest hope it is family to every body. United we stand divide we fall

    ReplyDelete