Friday, January 5, 2018

A Few More Thoughts On the 8/2 Split

                My post two weeks ago about the 8/2 split was shared on the Freymiller FB page and the response surprised me.  The volume surprised me; not the content.  A few comments supported my theory that many don’t understand how the 8/2 works.  Most don’t use it unless the other option is a late load.

                There are three times I’m likely to use it.

    1.   When it’s the only way I’m going to make an appointment on time.  This has happened twice since I wrote that post which supports my belief in the Law of Attraction.
    2.   When I get either an 8 or a 2 unexpectedly, I will take the other to make the best use of my time.
    3.   When it will get me home (or to wherever I’m taking time off) faster.  A couple of years ago I ran 8/2 from the California Central Valley back to OKC on Thanksgiving so I would get back in time to watch the Macy’s parade.


          The 8/2 split is the only HOS law I have ever seen stir such a passionate response.  People seem to either really love or really hate this law.  I don’t understand what it is about the law that causes people to have such a strong reaction.  Maybe it’s older drivers (who drove for years under the old laws) who are resistant to change?  Maybe it’s the drivers who really struggle to understand how it works expressing frustration?  I think Freud would have a field day with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment