Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Time To Decompress!

           One of my qualities that makes me good at my job is my ability to be alone for long periods of time and not feel lonely.  I love my solitude.  I need my solitude.  I realized a couple of weeks ago that outside of this truck, I haven’t had any time to myself since March.  Every time I’ve taken time off since March, I’ve been doing something with other people. Don’t get me wrong, I like being around people but I also like my time alone to just BE… not running around, not having to hold up my end of a conversation, but to just BE.  That’s what keeps me sane (ish.)

          Today, a friend who takes his time off at his daughter’s house with her family told me: “I love spending time with my granddaughter, but I always make sure I get some time to myself.  I need that.”

          I was explaining to Tiffany that I’m feeling fried, so I want to put the blog on pause for two weeks and just decompress.

          I think we all need some time to decompress.  My dad used to go dink around in the garage, or go fishing or even just a ride in his pickup out in the country.  I ride my bike, or hibernate in my apartment and work on a puzzle, among other things.

          What do you do?  Drop me a line in the comments and let me know how you decompress.  Note: you have to be logged into a Google account to leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I go work in the yard when it’s warm. More like dink around in the yard. Sit for a bit. Do something..... repeat. When it’s cold I read, watch tv, cook, it all depends on what I’m feeling. Whatever it is I don’t get in a hurry doing it. We both come by that honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have said when it's warm you dink in the yard and when it's cold... You stare out the window and think about dinking in the yard. 😀

    ReplyDelete