Friday, January 12, 2018

My New Co-driver

                Last week I got a new co-driver from Tiny Tails Small Dog Rescue in OKC.  He is a pocket dog; I swear I have cooked chickens bigger than this dog.  He might weigh 6 lbs.

          I took this picture about 15 minutes after I got him.  He wasn’t quite sure what to make of this crazy lady who had just kidnapped him.  He came to the Rescue from the streets last summer.  Within a few hours, he decided I was okay.


          The lady running the rescue called him Bert… but I decided I can’t have a Bert without an Ernie, so I decided to call him Nacho, which was Bobby’s CB handle.  I figured it was appropriate… they were both little, old, feisty, Mexican guys.  Over the past 24 hours though, I have taken to calling him Einstein… after the genius peed on his own foot.  At least it wasn’t my foot, right?




          I guess he’s decided I’m a pretty okay mom.  We’ve been together for a week now.  He finally believes that when I leave the truck, I WILL come back.  He lost the battle over whether he should be allowed anywhere near the driver’s seat while the truck is moving.  We compromise about me sharing a bite of my food.  I’ve always had mixed emotions about having a dog in the truck, but it seems to be working out really well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment